New Chapters and New Advisors Start Here
Read the Chapter Success Guide First
It is recommended that you have a meeting each week for the first 3-4 meetings. Then choose meeting frequency after that.
Any Chapters who affiliate the bulk of members by October 15 will be recognized as a HOSA-100 chapter and receive a certificate!
Step 1 Checklist
1. Relax. You've got this!
2. Print out the 2020 - 2021 Calendar at a Glance below and hang in classroom or
email to all
3. Assign a trusted student to help you with everything.
3. Hang HOSA Posters in classroom/bulletin boards/hallways
4. Hang HOSA meeting dates in classroom/bulletin boards/hallways
5. Choose date for first 4 meetings. (weekly is best for the first month)
6. Announce HOSA meeting PSA in morning/afternoon announcements
7. Go on the website and login. Register yourself as practice, using the Charter # and password that was sent to you.
8. Correct the highlighted parts & make any changes needed of the Chapter Bylaws
and sign. Send a copy to the state advisor.
You may use the link below to register. Click below, then scroll down
to Local Chapter Advisors. Instructions can be found in the Chapter Success Guide and on the HOSA website when you log in.
If you have not already received the Charter # and Password from the State Advisor, you will be receiving it soon. You will need this to affiliate members.
Step 1 Resources/Forms
Step 2 Checklist
1. Prepare necessary Interest/First Meeting Document
2. Agenda Script
3. Roll Call Log (sign-in sheet)
4. New Member Registration Form - (For your use only; do not submit to HOSA)
5. Follow-up email
Step 2 Resources/Forms
Step 3 Checklist
1. Prepare 2nd meeting documents
C. Roll Call Log
2. Hold 2nd meeting
A. Discuss Chapter Elections-take nominations.
B. Discuss Fall Forum
C. Discuss possible committees
3. Follow-up Email
Step 3 Resources/Forms
1. Fall Forum flyer
Step 4 Checklist
1. Hold 3rd meeting
2. Vote on Officers
3. Send out Officer parent letter
4. Be sure to send in the forms listed below (by deadlines)
5. Discuss the HOSA Cup
6. Do a Program of Work with officers. Complete Code of Conduct Assurance Form
7. Check the lahosa website often for updates and information
Step 4 Resources/Forms
1. Advisor Info Form - will be emailed
2. Chapter Profile - will be emailed
Now you are getting the hang of running meetings, you have members and officers, you have done a program of work and formed committees. Continue holding meetings as you see fit: weekly, twice monthly, or monthly. I recommend twice monthly, or every-other-week. Be sure to let the students do some of the forms and start taking responsibility.
That's it! Just keep going, do activities, give encouragement, and keep everyone involved. If you have any questions, call or text Shirlene Bender at 337-371-5974, or email at
Have a FUN HOSA year!